1. How did you find yourself in your current role?
I graduated from Rowan University with a BA in Writing Arts and went on to receive an additional certificate in social media writing and marketing. I wrote for several different companies and managed their social media accounts before I came across this opportunity at MJH Life Sciences, where I started as an assistant web editor and moved up to associate editor.
2. Which of your stories are you most proud of?
I am proud of many stories I have had published in recent years, but I am most proud of my first fiction novel, which I had published when I was only a freshman in high school.
3. What is your favorite thing about your job?
I love to travel! I get to attend many conferences across the country, as well as some in Europe, and it is always exciting to cover a new meeting and speak with oncology experts from around the world. Of course, it’s always fun to be able to check a new city off my bucket list too!
4. What is your interview style?
I’ve received feedback that my interviews are usually very easy on the speaker I’m interviewing, which is always great to hear. I like to make it more of a conversation, so while I do have questions prepared, I like to feel like we are really just having a conversation between the 2 of us.
5. What do you look for in a story?
In my field, I am mostly writing about new data and the treatment landscapes in a variety of cancer types, so I look for stories that will help impact treatment decisions for patients with cancer.
6. What is your day like at your job?
I am one of the first few in the office by 8 and try to have my first article done by 11am, then I aim to complete at least 2 more articles during the day and manage all of our social media accounts.
7. Whom do you most look up to in the journalism industry?
I would have to say I most look up to a lot of the writers in my company. Many of them have been writing in the medical field for years, and I enjoy being able to converse with them and receive feedback on my writing from them.
8. What is your favorite news outlet?
The MJH Life Sciences network!
9. Fill in the blank:
- If I am not working, I am… outside!
- If I could interview anyone, it would be… Anne Frank.
- My favorite thing about New Jersey is… we have the best of everything! I don’t have to go too far to enjoy a big city, the beaches, lakes, or mountains, and a good pork roll is always just around the corner.
10. What is your guilty pleasure?
I am torn between either chocolate or Disney, but if I had to pick just one guilty pleasure, it would have to be eating chocolate in Disney.
Want to be featured in a Meet the Media? Send us an email