- How did you find yourself at the Tacoma Daily Index?
Sort of stumbled into it. But having a public presence through words takes you all kinds of unlikely places, doesn’t it?
2. Which of your stories are you most proud of?
The ones where people say, I never thought THAT would be interesting!
3. What is your favorite thing about your job?
Finding odd & interesting things, putting them in a context and then sharing them.
4. What is your interview style?
5. What do you look for in a story?
The story behind the story, the part that cannot be explained, but I try anyway.
6. What is your day like at your job?
Rambling around, picking through clutter and finding jewels.
7. Who do you most look up to in the news community?
Those who stand up for truth and human decency, and remind us all that each life matters.
8. What is your favorite news outlet?
9. Fill in the blank:
- If I am not editing, I am…wondering about the absurdities of life
- If I could interview anyone, it would be…some little kid, willing to tell all.
- My favorite thing about Seattle is…live theater
10. What is your guilty pleasure?
My latest one is going to thrift stores and flea markets in foreign countries.