- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, digital media or marketing
- A minimum of 5 years related experience in social media, preferably in an agency setting
- Proficient in top social media platforms from both an organic and paid standpoint and experience using analytics tools
- Passion for doing great work, team spirit and excellence in client service
- Ability to develop and execute social media strategies that are tailored to clients’ goals, utilizing both paid and organic strategies
- In-depth understanding of social media platforms and nuanced approaches for each, including on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram
- Experience working with and managing influencer partnerships and creating influencer programs to support social media strategy goals
- Effective storyteller with strong content creation and writing skills
- Well-versed in analytics, reporting and measurement
- Strong ability to manage team members and projects in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working with integrated communications teams is a plus
- Up to date on local and federal social media policies, FTC regulations, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Social Media Strategist will oversee social media strategy for Fearey’s social media business, which crosses industries like health care, real estate and lifestyle brands.
This includes overseeing high-level organic and paid strategies and supporting day-to-day team members in executing the work.
Core responsibilities include developing social media strategies; auditing existing approaches and making new recommendations; project management; providing sound counsel to clients; and managing budgets and staff.
Comprehensive Benefits Package
Fearey offers an extensive benefits package to employees that includes the following:
- 100% paid premium for employee’s medical, dental and vision coverage
- Five percent commission on all new business accounts identified by the candidate and awarded to the firm
- Annual four weeks of paid time off (depending on when you start) and a minimum of eight paid holidays per year
- Lunch provided every Friday
- 401(k) plan with match on employee contributions
In its fifth decade, Fearey has earned an outstanding reputation as the leading independent full-service public relations firm in Washington state. For 40 years, we have had a track record of long-term client and employee relationships. With our combined focus on public relations and public affairs, we bring a real-world understanding of the business climate and the local political landscape to every situation. We pride ourselves in our work associated with our award-winning digital media and creative design studio.
We strongly support employee involvement in the community through board appointments, non-profit involvement, and civic participation. Our industries of focus include healthcare, real estate, sports, financial services, municipalities and non-profits.
Fearey consistently rewards individuals with drive, creativity, and an entrepreneurial spirit. Our motto is “Fearless Thinking.”
Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected] (No phone calls, please)
Fearey is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other discriminatory factors prohibited by law.