- Bachelor’s degree in communications, PR, journalism or marketing
- 2-4 years of PR experience with some agency experience required
- Passion for doing great work, team spirit and excellence in client service a must
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 Suite and in social media channels
- In-depth understanding of public relations, social media, crisis communication and issues management
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- 1-2 years demonstrated media relations experience (writing pitches, pitching press and securing coverage) — we are looking for a pitch hitter!
- Solid social media skills
- Basic account management skills, including budget analysis, delegation and client communications
- Positive and professional attitude and demeanor that lends itself to quality client service
- A committed team player with a dedicated work ethic
- Attention to detail is a must! If you are still reading, and identified the spelling error on this line, please call it out in your cover letter that tells us why you are a good fit.
- Strong ability to manage multiple ongoing tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to drive accounts, think proactively
- Demonstrate a high level of personal initiative, integrity and responsibility
Duties and Responsibilities
The selected Account Executive will support the team on a number of high profile and dynamic accounts. This includes building and maintaining key client relationships and implementing multi-level communication programs.
Core responsibilities include developing and editing many different types of written materials; performing proactive/reactive media outreach with local print, broadcast and online reporters; social media communication and website content; participating in meetings or other special events.
Comprehensive Benefits Package
Fearey offers an extensive benefits package to employees that includes the following:
- 100% paid premium for employee’s medical, dental and vision coverage
- Five percent commission on all new business accounts identified by the candidate and awarded to the firm
- Annual four weeks of paid time off (depending on when you start) and a minimum of eight paid holidays per year
- Lunch provided every Friday
- 401(k) plan with match on employee contributions
In its fourth decade, Fearey has earned an outstanding reputation as the leading independent full-service public relations firm in Washington state. For 39 years, we have had a track record of long-term client and employee relationships. With our combined focus on public relations and public affairs, we bring a real-world understanding of the business climate and the local political landscape to every situation. We pride ourselves in our award-winning social media practice.
We strongly support employee involvement in the community through board appointments, non-profit involvement and civic participation. Our industries of focus include healthcare, consumer, transportation, aerospace, real estate, built environment, life sciences, environmentally-friendly products, financial services, municipalities and non-profits.
Fearey consistently rewards individuals with drive, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit. Our motto is “Fearless Thinking.”
Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected] (No phone calls, please)
Fearey is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other discriminatory factors prohibited by law