- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public affairs, public management, government relations, political science
- A minimum of 5 years of background experience in a public affairs environment, expertise working with municipalities, regional governances and community groups, and intimate knowledge of regional issues and players
- Land use or tribal experience and agency background are a plus
- The ability to multi-task and work easily in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, and deliver results is required
- Passion for doing great work, team spirit and excellence in client service
- Must live in the Puget Sound region
Duties and Responsibilities
The Public Affairs, Account Supervisor will have the opportunity to work on several high profile, well-known regional public affairs accounts.
- Developing and implementing strategic public affairs programs
- Managing the development of collateral materials and other written communications such as opinion pieces, authored articles, and online/digital media copy
- Working closely with elected officials, government employees, community leaders, and other key stakeholders
- Managing community forums and press conferences, and overseeing successful media relations campaigns
- Attending public meetings and council meetings
- Managing client relationships and interacting with key stakeholders
- Managing junior staff
Comprehensive Benefits Package
Fearey offers an extensive benefits package to employees that includes the following:
- 100% paid premium for employee’s medical, dental and vision coverage
- Five percent commission on all new business accounts identified by the candidate and awarded to the firm
- Annual four weeks of paid time off (depending on when you start) and a minimum of eight paid holidays per year
- Lunch provided every Friday
- 401(k) plan with match on employee contributions
In its fifth decade, Fearey has earned an outstanding reputation as the leading independent full-service public relations firm in Washington state. For 40 years, we have had a track record of long-term client and employee relationships. With our combined focus on public relations and public affairs, we bring a real-world understanding of the business climate and the local political landscape to every situation. We pride ourselves in our work associated with our award-winning digital media and creative design studio.
We strongly support employee involvement in the community through board appointments, non-profit involvement, and civic participation. Our industries of focus include healthcare, real estate, sports, financial services, municipalities and non-profits.
Fearey consistently rewards individuals with drive, creativity, and an entrepreneurial spirit. Our motto is “Fearless Thinking.”
Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected] (No phone calls, please)
Fearey is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other discriminatory factors prohibited by law.