- Bachelor’s degree in communications, PR, journalism or marketing
- A minimum of five years working in a PR capacity, either in-house or for an agency
- Minimum of five years of experience managing account teams, building client relationships and creating/executing strategic communications plans
- Passion for doing great work, team spirit and excellence in client service a must
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 Suite and in social media channels
- Experienced communicator with in-depth understanding of public relations, social media, crisis communication and issues management; insight into public affairs a plus
- Previously established relationships with a variety of digital and traditional media outlets is ideal; at minimum, candidate possesses media savvy skills to creatively and effectively pitch press and maintain industry contacts
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Solid media relations and social media skills
- Strong account management skills
- Positive and professional attitude and demeanor that lends itself to quality client service
- A committed team player with a good work ethic
- Attention to detail is a must! If you are still reading, and identified the spelling error on this line, please call it out in your cover letter that tells us why you are a good fit.
- Demonstrate a high level of personal initiative, integrity and responsibility
Duties and Responsibilities
The selected Account Supervisor will supervise a number of high profile and dynamic health care accounts. This includes overseeing and directing account teams; building and maintaining key client relationships; and developing and implementing multi-level communication programs for clients.
Core responsibilities include developing and editing many different types of written materials; managing proactive/reactive media outreach with local print, broadcast and online reporters; managing social media communication and website content; planning and executing meetings or other special events; providing clients with sound communications counsel; managing budgets and staff.
The Account Supervisor is also responsible for building new business, including identifying and pursuing new business leads; development of proposals; and presenting to prospects.
Comprehensive Benefits Package
Fearey offers an extensive benefits package to employees that includes the following:
- 100% paid premium for employee’s medical, dental and vision coverage
- Five percent commission on all new business accounts identified by the candidate and awarded to the firm
- Annual four weeks of paid time off (depending on when you start) and a minimum of eight paid holidays per year
- 100% paid ORCA transportation card or parking stipend
- Bike parking and showers are available within the building
- Lunch provided every Friday
- 401(k) plan with match on employee contributions
- Ability to work from home full time through the end of 2020. Beyond 2020 still to be determined.
In its fourth decade, Fearey has earned an outstanding reputation as the leading independent full-service public relations firm in Washington state. For 39 years, we have had a track record of long-term client and employee relationships. With our combined focus on public relations and public affairs, we bring a real-world understanding of the business climate and the local political landscape to every situation. We pride ourselves in our award-winning social media practice.
We strongly support employee involvement in the community through board appointments, non-profit involvement and civic participation. Our industries of focus include healthcare, consumer, transportation, aerospace, real estate, built environment, life sciences, environmentally-friendly products, financial services, municipalities and non-profits.
Fearey consistently rewards individuals with drive, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit. Our motto is “Fearless Thinking.”
Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected] (No phone calls, please)
Fearey is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other discriminatory factors prohibited by law