The Fearey Group, one of the Pacific Northwest’s leading independent public relations/public affairs agencies, is seeking to hire a full time public relations intern/production assistant for our growing agency. The Fearey Group’s mission is to build trusting and enduring relationships one conversation at a time. Feel free to join us in conversation on any of our social media channels.
The intern/production assistant candidate is pursuing a degree or has a degree in public relations, marketing, advertising or other related program. The individual should possess the ability to hit the ground running in a fast-paced environment. The candidate should demonstrate a high level of personal initiative, integrity and responsibility.
- Interest in media pitching
- Must know how to proactively find the right reporter to tell a story
- Candidate must have great writing skills with knowledge of AP style
- Candidate must have an engaged social media persona
- Self-starter – ability to work well alone and with others
- Passionate about getting stuff done and making a difference
- The chosen candidate will have the opportunity to work on a variety of local and national accounts. Responsibilities include:
- Drafting basic public relations materials including media pitches, news releases, media alerts, fact sheets, client meeting summaries, status reports and other materials;
- Assisting in the creation and management of social media accounts;
- Assisting in media pitching, follow-up, coverage tracking, news clipping and summary reports;
- Developing and updating of media lists and other databases;
- Assisting with the management of newspaper and periodical inventories for easy access;
- Assisting with event planning activities and arrangements; and
- Responding to administrative duties and activities as assigned.
What We’re Looking For
- Outgoing and enthusiastic personality. We need a go-getter!
- Solutions-focused and driven by results
- Excellent communication skills: solid grammar, ability to write concisely, great on the phone!
- Eagerness to learn through first-hand experience in the industry
We strongly support employee involvement in the community through board appointments, non-profit involvement and civic participation. Our industries of focus include real estate, national consumer products, retail, life sciences, environmentally-friendly products, financial services, municipalities and non-profits.
Position reports to Marya Purrington, Senior Account Executive
- Internship program is a paid position for a three-month period
- ORCA card, bike parking and showers are available
- Paid holidays
- Work in a supportive and positive environment
How to Apply
Email resume, cover letter and links to online portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 1st. No phone calls please.