The Fearey Group, one of the Pacific Northwest’s leading independent public relations/public affairs agencies, is seeking to hire a savvy PR professional as an Account Director – Healthcare/Life Sciences for our growing agency. The Fearey Group’s mission is to build trusting and enduring relationships one conversation at a time. Learn more about us at our website or join us in conversation on any of our social media channels.
The individual should possess the ability to hit the ground running in a fast-paced environment and consistently deliver high-quality results. The candidate should demonstrate a high level of personal initiative, integrity and responsibility. The Fearey Group recognizes individuals with drive, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- A degree in communications, PR, journalism or marketing
- Minimum 10 years working as an employee in PR, journalism or marketing – agency experience preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of managing accounts
- Minimum of four years’ experience managing individuals and team
- Knowledge of hospital, healthcare systems and the insurance industry is a must
- Oversee a sector or specified group of accounts for the firm
- Supervise day-to-day account work being executed by the account lead and supporting team
- Build and maintain client relationships
- Oversee budget management for all accounts in partnership with account lead
- Actively support team growth and professional development, supporting other managers at the firm
- Take on a leadership role within the firm – leading cultural, marketing and/or digital and social efforts
- Participate in at least one professional association outside of The Fearey Group
- Seasoned communicator with in-depth understanding of media relations and integrated communications, along with issues management
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Established media relations and social media skills
- Strong account management skills
- Ability to serve as spokesperson when necessary
- Positive and professional attitude and demeanor that lends itself to quality client service
- Excellent attention to detail and strong ability to manage multiple ongoing tasks in fast-paced environment.
What we’re looking for:
- Outgoing and enthusiastic personality. We need a go-getter!
- Comfortable and confident talking to leaders, executives and ambassadors online and offline
- Solutions-focused and driven by results
- Excellent communication skills: solid grammar, ability to write concisely, great on the phone!
- 401(k) plan with match on employee contributions
- 100% paid premium for employee’s medical, dental and vision coverage
- Five percent commission on all new business accounts identified and awarded to the firm
- PTO and a minimum eight paid holidays
- 100% paid ORCA card or parking stipend
- Bike parking and showers are available
How to apply:
Email resume, cover letter and links to online portfolio or attach work samples Chris Nettles at email@example.com (no phone calls please).