The Fearey Group, one of the Pacific Northwest’s leading independent public relations/public affairs agencies, is seeking to hire a savvy PR professional as a Senior Account Executive for our growing agency. The Fearey Group’s mission is to build trusting and enduring relationships one conversation at a time. Learn more about us at our website at feareygroup.com or join us in conversation on any of our social media channels.
The individual should possess the ability to hit the ground running in a fast-paced environment and consistently deliver high-quality results. The candidate should demonstrate a high level of personal initiative, integrity and responsibility. The Fearey Group recognizes individuals with drive, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- A Bachelor’s degree in communications, PR, journalism or marketing
- 3 to 5 years working as an employee in PR, journalism or marketing – agency experience preferred
- Experience with media monitoring tools such as Cision, TVEyes, etc. is a plus
- Solid understanding of integrated communications, media relations and social media or a grounding/experience in government relations, municipal planning
- Strong understanding of AP style and ability to edit and proof client-facing materials
- A strategic thinker with the ability to interpret research to formulate public relations plans and/or programs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Professional demeanor and strong client relations skills
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple ongoing tasks in fast-paced environment
- Participate on several account teams and lead implementation of smaller accounts
- Help manage day-to-day execution of projects including agendas and timelines necessary to keep an account on track and moving forward
- Significantly contribute to the development and execution of public relations plans
- Research and analyze industry and competitor trends, providing insightful recommendations to team and client
- Provide measurements and metrics for account
- Track account budgets
- Drive client facing meetings and report out on projects/agenda items
- Develop weekly reports and monthly activity reports
- Oversee media monitoring and daily news tracking performed by other team members
- Oversee/own media pitching efforts and take the lead in major media initiatives, showing measurable results
- Review draft content for client approval
- Help manage client social media properties, create content
Marketing & Business Development
- Support The Fearey Group marketing activities such as creation of social media content and blog posts
- Attend networking events, participating on committees and/or Boards, etc.
- Participate in new business proposals and pitches
What We’re Looking For
- Outgoing and enthusiastic personality. We need a go-getter!
- Comfortable and confident talking to leaders, executives and ambassadors online and offline
- Solutions-focused and driven by results
- Excellent communication skills: solid grammar, ability to write concisely, great on the phone!
- 401(k) plan with up to 50 percent match on employee contributions
- 100% paid premium for employee’s medical, dental and vision coverage
- Five percent commission on all new business accounts identified and awarded to the firm
- Four weeks PTO and a minimum eight paid holidays
- 100% paid ORCA card or parking stipend
- Bike parking and showers are available
How to Apply
Email resume, cover letter and links to online portfolio or attach work samples Chris Nettles at email@example.com (no phone calls please).