Public Relations Account Executive
The Fearey Group, one of the Pacific Northwest’s leading independent public relations/public affairs agencies, is seeking to hire a savvy PR professional as an Account Executive for our growing agency. The Fearey Group’s mission is to build trusting and enduring relationships one conversation at a time. Learn more about us at our website or join us in conversation on any of our social media channels.
The individual should possess the ability to hit the ground running in a fast-paced environment and consistently deliver high-quality results. The candidate should demonstrate a high level of personal initiative, integrity and responsibility. The Fearey Group recognizes individuals with drive, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- A Bachelor’s degree in communications, PR, journalism or marketing
- 1 to 2 years working as an employee in PR, journalism or marketing – agency experience preferred
- Ability to proactively find, identify and pitch a great story
- Experience with media monitoring tools such as Cision, TVEyes, Lexis Nexus and social media tools such as Hootsuite, Simply Measured, Hubspot is a plus
- Strong written and verbal skills with knowledge of AP style
- Candidate must have an engaged social media persona
- Self-starter – ability to work well alone and with others
- Critical thinker
- Attention to detail is a must!
- Passionate about getting stuff done and making a difference
- Proven ability to effectively organize and manage multiple tasks
- Serve as a dedicated team member on several client accounts
- Exhibit a deep understanding of the clients, accounts and industry
- Coordinate and implement programs, plans and special events
- Create client content materials, including but not limited to: news releases, fact sheets, backgrounders, briefing books, pitch letters, Q&As, metrics computation and analysis, and general client correspondence
- Support tracking and reporting for all accounts
- Participate in client facing meetings and report out on projects/agenda items
- Develop weekly reports and monthly activity reports
- Lead media relations efforts including outreach approach, media list development, creative pitch ideation, outreach and relationship building
- Oversee media monitoring and daily news tracking
- Create draft content, including tweets and social media editorial calendars
- Monitor and help manage client social media properties
- Engage online communities
- Create out-of-the-box ideas that generate conversation
- Support other TFG marketing activities such as website development, events, etc.
- Conduct research to support development of new business proposals
- Assist with development of presentation materials, etc.
- Participate in team strategy, brainstorming meetings
What we’re looking for:
- Outgoing and enthusiastic personality. We need a go-getter!
- Comfortable and confident talking to leaders, executives and ambassadors online and offline
- Solutions-focused and driven by results
- Excellent communication skills: solid grammar, ability to write concisely, great on the phone!
- 401(k) plan with match on employee contributions
- 100% paid premium for employee’s medical, dental and vision coverage
- Five percent commission on all new business accounts identified and awarded to the firm
- PTO and a minimum eight paid holidays
- 100% paid ORCA card or parking stipend
- Bike parking and showers are available
How to apply:
Email resume, cover letter and links to online portfolio or attach work samples Chris Nettles at email@example.com (no phone calls please).