The Fearey Group, the Pacific Northwest’s most established independent public relations and public affairs firm, is seeking to hire a savvy professional as an Account Coordinator for its Consumer + Lifestyle team. The Fearey Group’s mission is to build trusting and enduring relationships one conversation at a time. The firm consists of professional consultants who provide business and communications strategy – and most of the time, the firm implements and leads campaigns, initiatives and programs to drive results for the people and organizations it services. Learn more about the the firm by joining them online in conversation on any of its social media channels. The team encourages it!
This is an entry-level position designed to expose the staff member to all aspects of the firm, its clients and the industries it serves. The individual should possess the ability to hit the ground running in a fast-paced environment and consistently deliver high-quality results. The candidate should demonstrate a high level of personal initiative, integrity and responsibility. The Fearey Group recognizes individuals with drive, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit. By assisting the team in the execution of client activities and learning the basics of services offered across all divisions, the Account Coordinator plays a crucial role in supporting client services teams. In this position, the staff member must meet all requirements and qualifications.
- A Bachelor’s degree in communications, PR, journalism, digital media or marketing
- PR agency internship preferred
- Experience with media monitoring tools such as Cision, TVEyes, Meltwater, Lexis Nexus and social media tools such as Hootsuite, Simply Measured, SEMRush, Agora Pulse is a plus
- Strong written and verbal skills with knowledge of AP style
- Candidate must have an engaged social media persona
- Self-starter – ability to work well alone and with others
- Critical thinker
- Attention to detail is a must!
- Passionate about getting stuff done and making a difference
- Proven ability to effectively organize and manage multiple tasks
- Support multiple account teams
- Provide daily support and project management to mid-level staff members
- Track billable hours assigned on given accounts and report overages to account lead
- Participate in weekly meetings with manager, develop agenda in preparation for meeting
- Support tracking and reporting for all assigned accounts
- Provide all aspects of administrative support
- Assist with meetings, call recaps and action items
- Assist with development of weekly reports and monthly activity reports
- Manage materials and deliverables through team and client review
- Move items forward that have been assigned
- Develop first drafts of media outreach materials, including media lists, briefing books, draft pitches, press releases, media alerts, etc. to be reviewed by an account lead
- Monitor for client news and related industry trends; develop reports
- Conduct occasional media outreach with guidance from supervisor
- Master Cision and other monitoring tools – flag items to team when appropriate and provide counsel to support client results
- Create draft content, including tweets and social media editorial calendars to be reviewed by account lead
- Monitor client social media channels; develop reports
- Support Fearey marketing by creating social media content, blog posts and other activities on behalf of the agency
- Freedom to brainstorm fearless ideas to drive client results
- Conduct research to support development of new business proposals
- Assist with development of presentation materials
- Participate in team strategy, brainstorming meetings
What we’re looking for:
- Outgoing and enthusiastic personality. We need a go-getter!
- Comfortable and confident talking to leaders, executives and ambassadors online and offline
- Solutions-focused and driven by results
- Excellent communication skills: solid grammar, ability to write concisely, great on the phone!
- 401(k) plan with match on employee contributions
- 100% paid premium for employee’s medical, dental and vision coverage
- Five percent commission on all new business accounts identified and awarded to the firm
- PTO and a minimum eight paid holidays
- 100% paid ORCA card or parking stipend
- Bike parking and showers are available
- Lunch provided by the CEO every Thursday!
How to Apply
Email resume, cover letter and links to online portfolio or attach work samples Chris Nettles at firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone calls please).