The Fearey Group, the Pacific Northwest’s most established independent public relations and public affairs firm, is seeking to hire a savvy professional as an Graphic Design Intern for its growing agency. The Fearey Group’s mission is to build trusting and enduring relationships one conversation at a time. The firm consists of professional consultants who provide business and communications strategy and most of the time, the firm implements and leads campaigns, initiatives and programs to drive results for the people and organizations it services. Learn more about the firm online at the feareygroup.com or join the firm online in conversation on any of its social media channels. The team encourages it!
A senior-year or recent graduate who is looking to expand skills through actual design experience. The intern will work with staff members on real-world projects in a variety of mediums. This is an on-site, part time, paid position with flexible hours and scheduling.
The individual should possess the ability to hit the ground running in a fast-paced environment and consistently deliver high quality results. The candidate should demonstrate a high-level of personal initiative, integrity and responsibility. The Fearey Group recognizes individuals with drive, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Required: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Animate
- Desired: MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Sharepoint
- Nice to have: HTML/CSS, Adobe Premier Pro/AfterEffects, Final Cut Pro
- Collaborate with co-workers and clients
- Creative and artistic design skills
- Ability to work with confidential information
- Ability to work under deadline
- Accept and incorporate feedback from non-design professionals
- Collaborate with people unfamiliar with the creative process
What we’re looking for:
- Highly motivated, creative individual with experience and a passion for connecting with current and future customers for the firm’s clients and the firm
- Ability to turn fans into customers
- Outgoing and enthusiastic personality. We need a go-getter!
- Solutions focused and driven by results
- Excellent communication skills: solid grammar, ability to write concisely, great on the phone
The work environment:
- Public relations is all about communication and story-telling. The graphic designer helps tell these stories with graphics. This can include anything from participating in brainstorm sessions for a killer infographic to creating a simple icon, from conceptualizing and designing an animation, to a print brochure. The work varies by project and by client.
- Interns will be provided a computer and software. However, if you prefer to use your own device, that’s okay. We’re flexible.
- We are located in the Tower Building in Downtown Seattle. We are walking distance to Pike Market Place, lots of restaurants, and several coffee shops
How to Apply
Email resume, cover letter and links to online portfolio or attach work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone calls please).