The Fearey Group, the Pacific Northwest’s most established independent public relations and public affairs firm, is seeking to hire a savvy professional as an Account Supervisor for its growing agency. The Fearey Group’s mission is to build trusting and enduring relationships one conversation at a time. The firm consists of professional consultants who provide business and communications strategy – and most of the time, the firm implements and leads campaigns, initiatives and programs to drive results for the people and organizations it services. Learn more about the firm online at fearey.group or join the firm online in conversation on any of its social media channels. The team encourages it!
As an expertise and strategy agency, it is important the firm hire and retain talent which can effectively plan, manage and implement strategic programs. Staff members in this role and all roles beyond this position are expected to “own” their area(s) of expertise by strategically planning and managing client programs, mentoring and managing the work of all staff underneath this role and effectively managing client needs and expectations.
In the Account Supervisor position, a staff member is responsible for assisting and managing the media relations, digital media, project management and/or creative strategy for clients. This position requires fully developed specialty skills, a strong understanding of the industry landscape (ever-changing!), and understanding of client priorities and objectives.
The Account Supervisor must meet all general responsibilities outlined below, in addition to the responsibilities in at least one area of specialty (service line) as well as an industry division (one the firm has a set of business within). For example, a staff member specializing in media relations must meet all requirements in the general space as well as in media relations – but he/she is not required to master the criteria outlined under the areas of digital media or creative/strategy. However, they must have a working knowledge in those areas to be able to guide staff as well as clients into the best programs or direction based off this general communications expertise.
The individual should possess the ability to hit the ground running in a fast-paced environment and consistently deliver high-quality results. The candidate should demonstrate a high level of personal initiative, integrity and responsibility. The Fearey Group recognizes individuals with drive, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- A Bachelor’s degree in communications, PR, journalism or marketing
- Five years working as an employee in PR, journalism or marketing, agency experience preferred
- Three years managing account teams, building client relationships and creating/executing strategic communications plans
- Experienced communicator with in-depth understanding of public relations, social media, crisis communication and issues management
- Insight into public affairs is a plus
- Demonstrated excellence in client service
- Excellent written and verbal skills, strong account management skills, excellent attention to detail
- Strong ability to manage multiple ongoing tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with media monitoring tools such as Cision, TVEyes, Lexis Nexus and social media tools such as Hootsuite, Simply Measured, Hubspot is a plus
- Strategic thinker with the ability to interpret research, formulate public relations plans or programs
- Strong written and verbal skills with knowledge of AP style
- Candidate must have an engaged social media persona
- Self-starter – ability to work well alone and with others
- Critical thinker
- Attention to detail is a must!
- Passionate about getting stuff done and making a difference
- Proven ability to effectively organize and manage multiple tasks
- Serves as day-to-day primary lead on one (with revenue justifying a fully-dedicated account supervisor) or oversee/play a clear leadership role on at least five client accounts
- Serves as primary contact for assigned accounts
- Plan and executes client activities in a timely, efficient, effective and a high-quality manner with minimal direction or supervision
- Manages the implementation of work plans and ensures client deliverables/results are successfully met on deadline
- Exhibit a deep understanding of public relations, the clients’ business and related industry
- Oversee and direct account teams, manage budgets and team for all accounts
- Build and maintain client relationships
- Provide clients with sound communications counsel
- Serves as manager and/or mentor to one or more junior staff members, including providing guidance on their professional growth (as supported by current billings)
- Contributes to specific group of accounts for the firm
- Supports team growth and professional development
- Provide oversight of junior staff deliverables
- Ensures all client facing materials are proofed and meet Fearey standards
- Significantly contribute to development and execution of communications plans
- Generate ideas for programs that map to client objectives and conduct relevant research
- Support tracking and reporting for all accounts
- Handle contracts and ensure proper billing
- Play a clear leadership role in the development of client campaigns and initiatives
- Forward thinker who works on the client relationship and who works to retain clientele
- Manage the development and editing of high-quality written materials including press releases, fact sheets, backgrounders, briefing books, pitch letters, FAQs and general client correspondence
- Manage proactive/reactive media outreach with target print, broadcast and online reporters
- Primary and ongoing contact on the clients’ behalf to top-tier press
- Develop strategy and execute client media outreach efforts
- Develops relationships with key top-tier/”Most Wanted” media and regularly shares new media contacts and opportunities with Fearey staff
- Demonstrates a solid track record of regularly placing high profile media results on behalf of clients, showcasing a strong ROI for the client
- Successfully plans, manages and escorts media-related projects such as media tours, press conferences, briefings, press trips or special events
- Demonstrate creativity by leading group brainstorms (preparing the team ahead of any get-together), developing new story ideas, and providing strategic recommendations on media relations approaches
- Regularly engages media on social media
Social & Digital Media
- Demonstrate ability to oversee effective social media monitoring and measurement to uncover both business and communication insights and opportunities
- Working knowledge of how social and digital media and SEO is tied to PR – assist in strategy development of digital/ad campaigns, such as pay-per-click or Google AdWords, SEO strategies for client websites, etc.
- Exhibit competency in understanding and troubleshooting client website issues and/or newsletter software (i.e. Campaign Monitor, Survey Monkey, Emma, etc.)
- Provide advice and guidance on measurement for digital and social media campaigns; be proficient in Google Analytics reporting (via Google or SEM Rush)
- Actively support Fearey marketing by creating social media content, blog posts and other activities on behalf of the agency – at least one blog post a month; regular posting of client case studies and news mentions as well as provides accolades to clients on Fearey social channels
- Develop or oversee content creation for client materials, including e-newsletters, website content, digital campaigns, marketing collateral, etc.
- Oversee the development and drafting of marketing blueprints and branding campaigns
- Demonstrate a clear track record of leading brainstorms, and providing and implementing creative ideas for proposals, presentations, campaigns, etc.
- Continually provide new and ‘fresh’ ideas for renewal proposals, new business proposals, and current clients marketing campaigns
- Develop a true understanding into one of the firm’s industry sectors
- Stay on top of the industry trends and monitor regularly
- Become a thought leader in the industry by regularly speaking, blogging, participating in industry forums or webinars and/or hosting an annual event
- Regularly updating the firm and its staff on industry items
- Build new business including identifying and pursuing approved prospects, developing proposals and presenting to these prospects; scheduling one coffee or lunch a month with potential leads
- Play a leadership role in the sales process by identifying leads, creating concepts, assisting with proposals, RFP responses, presentations, etc. with supervision and approval from senior leadership
- Display a strong understanding of and effectively communicate Fearey’s service offerings to existing clients and to future prospects
What we’re looking for:
- Outgoing and enthusiastic personality. We need a go-getter!
- Comfortable and confident talking to leaders, executives and ambassadors online and offline
- Solutions-focused and driven by results
- Excellent communication skills: solid grammar, ability to write concisely, great on the phone!
- Organized project manager!!
- 401(k) plan with match on employee contributions
- 100% paid premium for employee’s medical, dental and vision coverage
- Five percent commission on all new business accounts identified and awarded to the firm
- PTO and a minimum eight paid holidays
- 100% paid ORCA card or parking stipend
- Bike parking and showers are available
- The firm’s CEO provides lunch on Thursdays!
How to Apply
Email resume, cover letter and links to online portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org . No phone calls please.